Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Shrine of Remebrance







I was out exploring last Thursday and ended up making an accidental find. I was meandering through the Royal Botanical Gardens and saw this big granite building. When I went to check it out. It had stairs, so I climbed those and walked around on it. As I came to the back, I noticed you could actually go under or inside it.
It was free! That was the first thing I liked, but it was also educational and that was nice too. It was the Shrine of Remembrance, erected in 1934 for the soldier of Victoria who fought in WWI. There is an eternal flame and monument on the premises for the WWII veterans as well. After watching a short video, I was guided on a private tour by Keith, a volunteer. He showed me everything there was to see. Awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment