Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Queen Victoria Market





Jim commented about this on his blog, but I was there again today.
It is also somewhat of a flea market too. I scored a wristwatch with a stop watch for $15.
According to our new German friends, the market is apparently mad busy with rock bottom prices at the end of close on Saturday. Sunday is good. But not as good as Saturday.
I was on the 1/2 price 2 hr train ticket so I had to get down to business. The fruit and veggie market is like the biggest farmer's market you have seen. Inside is the meat/seafood and deli section. I think I spent about $70 (including the watch) but got chicken, fresh orange roughy, deli ham, minced chicken (eh?), and a ton of fruits and veggies. I guess my hand cart is a trolley, so I loaded up the trolley and was back on the train in an hour and 1/2.

2 comments:

  1. Hey about those two-hour tickets... the trick is to wait until just past the hour (ex: 4:01). Then it won't expire for 3 hours (ex: 7:00). -From one cheapo to another

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I do miss the Queen Vic Market :(

    ReplyDelete