Tuesday, June 2, 2009

bye job...bye car


Friday was a tough day at the office. Saying goodbye to people you see more than your family was rough. I think it might be easier to be the leaver than the leavee. Today was my first job-free day. Not too bad, but didn't seem all that productive either. It's hard to get a sense of accomplishment when you are creating a mess. I threw away about 3 trash bags of paper from my office.
Packing to put stuff in storage for 547 days is a lot different that packing to move 40 miles away.

I also was lucky to pass along my Subaru today. That experience was CRAZEE. I practically feel like I have a new aunt and cousin from the deal. A high strung 24 yr old tree hugger and her mom. The girl was SO happy. I had to meet them at the bank to sign off on stuff. The bank is a 1mi walk, if that. But Chelsea insisted on dropping me off. I joked that she might not have enough gas, but it was kind of the truth.
She even asked if I wanted to drive to my house one last time. I said no and instead, was her first passenger. She gave me a serious hug before I got out. The experience was strange but painless and safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment