Monday, June 29, 2009

Chicago; Autonomous but Together


Visiting home, in Michigan, was very nice. Chicago was the last stop of my family and friends tour. I was flying out of O'Hare, so it was a good reason to spend some time with Kyla and check out her new digs and dog, Tucker.
It actually worked out perfectly, as she had work to do and so did I. She would work at her desk in the kitchen and I would use the inflatable mattress in the living room as my desk. I also had errands to run and babies to see, so it worked out perfectly.
Chicago was a great transition from suburbia to city life. We walked or rode the bus or train to get around. The weather was gorgeous, and she only lives 3 blocks from Lake Michigan. We would take Tucker to the beach ever night.
It was also the last time I had to pack my suitcase!! The Behemoth empty, weighed 20lbs. So I carefully packed that in MI so it would not have to be disturbed again. The second duffel was a little trickier. I had to create a "toss" bag of heavy items like conditioner, lotion, etc. that I could get rid of if the weight was over 50lbs.
There was traffic on the way to the airport so I was a little thrown from my schedule. I was totally anxious. I knew once I got to the airport and the bags checked everything would be good. But I was anxious to have all of that happen. I couldn't wait!
Praise Jesus, the bags remarkably weighed 49.5lbs and 50lbs!! I didn't have to move or toss anything! I had won the battle of the bags!
The staff at O'Hare was much more organized than DIA, so the airport experience was pretty painless. Can't wait for that 15 hr flight!

No comments:

Post a Comment