Monday, June 29, 2009

De Plane, De Plane


The 15 hr plane ride wasn't so bad! They give you a blankie and pillow. The lights are off. There are lots of movies and TV shows throughout the entire flight. The food was even good!
I flew from Chicago to San Fran and ended up sitting with a couple from Westminster, CO. Not much chatting, bits of sleep. Turns out the husband's family moved to Australia when he was 19 and he lived here for 2 yrs of so. His mom and siblings still live here. He gave me some good info on things to see and do.
After a brief layover in Sydney, I was back in the air at 8am. The very best part was the sun was finally coming up and from the air I saw the Sydney Opera House and Sydney Harbor Bridge. That was awesome and made it really sink in.
I was so excited to see Jim! He was holding a "DeCaire" sign at the exit and had a hug waiting. It was the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment