Monday, January 4, 2010

A word about temporary living

You will take what you can get, wherever or however you can get it.

Dear Universe,
Thank you for the file cabinet we found on the sidewalk. It is just what we needed for more storage in our single-closet house.

Background:
1 closet (that is not even 1 meter x 1 meter) x 2 people = :(

For weeks, I've been eying some Ikea shelf/cabinet/with doors type things for additional storage. Under the bed is getting kind of full and under the futon in the lounge room looks messy. I was ready to throw down $150 or so on one of these nice looking pieces of knock-down furniture.
While walking home from the train station at 930 last night, Jim and encountered this beauty. It was on the sidewalk just a few houses down from ours. It is a bit rusty, but it was fairly clean, and it is fully functioning. I'll take 4 drawers over shelves any day.Also by luck, we were able to quietly relocate it to its new home with a mini dolly/hand truck that I inherited from the Americans.
The dolly that I wondered "what I will use this for?" came in handy and I still have my $150. Perfect.

2 comments: