Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Speaking English, kind of

The ultimate in lazy is referring my dear readers to a fellow blogger's site. And I'm going for it.
I don't always read this guy's blog but I happened upon it today and thought it was interesting. Aussie speak/slang is it's own language. Don't even get me started with the rhyming slang. Not everyone uses it. You probably wouldn't be able to decipher it if you heard it. You would just hear it and think the person was loony. My favorite (and only known) example of this is "time to hit the frog and toad." Decoded, this means "time to hit the road." Yeah. Exactly.
Click to check out some Aussie words that this guy feels are dying out.

And here is a picture for the day:

Nothing says Love, like graffiti. Happy belated Valentine's Day

No comments:

Post a Comment