Monday, February 22, 2010

Meet the Aussies

Frequently I am asked if I have any Aussie friends. I feel like that is kind of a bold question, as I could just as well not have any friends!
Mostly because of my catering gig, I have been fortunate to have many Australian acquaintances, as well as others representing Israel, France, Germany, Ireland and Mauritius (a tiny island off the coast of Madagascar).
It is most helpful though, to know some locals on a personal basis. They are handy for general knowledge of the area, history of the country, stuff to do, appropriate cultural translations and in general, just finding out what shit means.
I am am thankful for their patience, willingness to help and honesty. When I say honesty, I mean not fucking with us when we ask dumb questions about Australia and Aussies.

LIZ is great with girlie stuff, other advice and Melbourne culture and happenings. We live near each other & frequently create mischief. Great company & partner in crime. At one of our catch-ups...as you can see, we will enjoy sticky date pudding and wine

GUS is a general know-it-all. The kind of person you want to have on your trivia team. I have nicknamed him Gusipedia. He's funny, too. He always keeps us laughing. The happy family. Our BFs: Aussie Gus, Coloradan Melissa and new-ish pup Charlie

1 comment:

  1. Your friends are all three....funny, interesting and cool. Very glad you and Jim have them to hang with.

    ReplyDelete