Tuesday, December 1, 2009

All work and no play...

I'm sorry if you have felt abandoned! I have been working SO much in the last 2 weeks...about 45hrs in 4 days!! When I wasn't working I was sleeping or not doing much of anything.
This week is a little more manageable. I'm only working the weekend. This gives me time to catch up on the never ending laundry, meet up with friends and make dinners (yay!).

Working has been pretty fun though. A few days, I helped prep food in the kitchen...then went to a job and served it. The double shifts are long. You are damaged, but you get kind of used to it. Doing prep work in the kitchen was a nice change of pace.

In the past week, I worked in a greenhouse nursery, car museum and on a boat. Here is my photo recap.

We set the tables at the nursery, but the staff placed the plants for the function. People got to take them home.

Sometimes, we don't even have a kitchen to cook in. We bring our own propane hot boxes and propane burners. The burners go on the floor and we do all the prep and serving on tables. Here we are heating the pumpkin soup. The chefs are pretty fabulous. Sometimes they perform miracles. Here is the kitchen from the front and back.

In our Nursery (makeshift) kitchen, we fed about 70 people. Meals were on real plates with real cutlery! The night before, they served 150.
Here are about 40 lemon tarts.

We served finger food appetizers at a corporate holiday party held at Fox's Classic Car Collection Museum. Lindsay Fox, a prosperous local, has over 35 cars in this collection. It was awesome!The Jags were my favorite.











Then there was the boat, the Victoria Star. I am scheduled on here pretty regularly. The kitchen is small and tight but the guests seem to be happier and it's fun to work this way.










At sunset, the city is gorgeous and the night skyline in brilliant.

No comments:

Post a Comment