Friday, October 16, 2009

Day

What a strange day. The weather started out in the farmers' favor, but then it (thankfully) turned sunny. On my way the gym I passed this weird shrub I have been seeing frequently. Its flower is like a huge bristle brush or jumbo pipe cleaner.

Later, needing a caffeine fix, I opted for the $2.50 coffee place near the gym. That is pretty reasonable around here. [Note: I will have to blog about coffee in the future.] I have the buy 5 get one free card and only need 2 more punches. To my disappointment, I found this sign on the door.

While absolutely crazy in the States, this type of thing is pretty common around here. A while ago, we passed a gelato shop with a note similar to this one on the window. It stated that the shop was closed for 3 weeks because the owners went on holiday.

I guess my inconvenience turned out for the best.
I went down the street to Heritage coffee instead. I have been here a few times. They have great coffee and delicious chocolate. The shop keeper, Jason, if very friendly and on a good day, gives you a price break. Another other very notable thing, he is always giving out "samples" of the chocolate bars. I went in one time and he gave me nearly half the bar. He said anything smaller would be a "taste." As I arrived, it had stated to rain outside so the place was filling up. My seat selection was completely out of availability, but it ended up being a jackpot. He not only upped my coffee size, but in lieu of a chocolate bar sample, said I could help myself to the wrapped candy as I was sitting right next to them. Yum.

After getting some reading done and finishing my coffee, I left to find the sun was out and it was an amazing day. I had just been complaining to Jim how the rain and clouds were aggravating my SAD. At this stage, I am a girl yet to have a summer. To enjoy the beauty and warmth, I went to the park near our house, plopped down on a bench and listened to some tunes on the ipod for a bit before returning home.

No comments:

Post a Comment