Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The washer is the dryer

Here is a brief post on the nature of our appliances. We were very fortunate to have gotten an apartment that came fully equip with a washer/dryer, refrigerator, and freezer. Several of my new friends have had to make these big purchases upon taking ownership of their new places. Luckily, we also have a mini dishwasher, a very nice gas cooktop and convection oven.
The humor comes in the size of the appliances. Our fridge is dorm style and so is the freezer. They sit side by side. I have grown quite accustom to our mini kitchen. It was almost overwhelming to visit our friend's townhouse and see a mammoth side-by-side stainless steel refrigerator. It was even crazier to open it and see all the things you could stuff inside it.
The thing I was most impressed with upon arriving was the front loading washer/dryer. And I don't mean washer and dryer. The washer is the dryer. It washes the clothes, spins them, and then it becomes a dryer and drys them. Crazy, I know.

1 comment:

  1. I've heard of these and I want one! Do your clothes come out completely dry? They've created these strange things that look like dryer sheets that are both detergent and dryer sheet rolled into one. Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete